Researching and completing a senior thesis can be one of the most fulfilling experiences of your college career. It is challenging—but ultimately satisfying because it starts and ends with you and your ideas. Each year, 30% of seniors in the College of Arts and Letters complete a yearlong thesis project, working one-on-one with a faculty member or graduate student to make an intellectual contribution to their chosen field of study.
Recent projects include a collection of short stories exploring the relationship between obsession and the hyperconnectivity of the modern world, a look at the Tunisian-Libyan border as a case study of refugee crisis, and a comparative analysis of productivity growth in Shanghai and Hong Kong.
Learn more >
- Arts and Letters Senior Thesis
- University Writing Center
- Hesburgh Libraries
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program
- Related story: Spotlight on Michael Mercurio
- Related story: Students Get a Head Start at Senior Thesis Camp
Originally published by al.nd.edu on December 18, 2012.at